Swinton Park Near Ripon, Yorkshire & The North East
Romantic luxury castle hotel in North Yorkshire
Member since 2004
Swinton Park is an exclusive luxury castle hotel set in 200 acres of parkland, lakes and gardens. The castle is surrounded by the family estate with access to rivers, moorland, dales and beautiful countryside bordering the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
OPL Exclusive details
Romantic Lazy Break
From £140.79 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £144.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in an Earls room and receive:
- Complimentary welcome drink each on arrival
- 3 course dinner for two on one evening in Samuel's restaurant (value £58 pp)*
- On additional nights guests receive a £45 allowance to dine in either the Terrace restaurant or towards Samuel's restaurant
- Full English breakfast daily (served in room if preferred)
- Use of the Country Club and Spa facilities from 3pm on the day of your arrival to 11am on the day of departure
- Complimentary noon late check out
- Stay 2 nights+ and receive a £25 spa credit towards pre-booked spa treatments**
- Stay 3 nights+ and receive a full afternoon tea for two on one day
- *Please note that Samuel's is closed on Mon & Tues. Any guests staying 2 nights over a Monday & Tuesday will dine in The Terrace on both evenings and receive a £26 credit towards wine with dinner on one evening.
- **Spa credit cannot be used on Saturdays. Treatments must be booked prior to arrival.
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Renowned 4 star luxury hotel set in extensive grounds in North Yorkshire
- Brand new Spa & Country Club (opened August 2017)
- Stunning elegant guest bedrooms
- Cookery house
- Family owned since the 1880's
- 200 Acres of parkland to explore, with woodlands and 3 lakes
- Green Tourism Gold Award
How to find Swinton Park
Masham Ripon North Yorks A1 Onto Through Masham Turn R Into Swinton Terrace
Over Bridge and up Hill
Hotel on Right
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
12.30pm-2pm (every day except Monday)
3pm- 6pm Mon- Sat
If you are heading out exploring the Yorkshire countryside and venturing onto the Swinton Estate, we have picnics to help you enjoy your day. There is also a Bothy Hut on the moors for those wanting to enjoy some shelter with great views in the summer and a blazing fire in the winter.* Picnics are only available to hotel residents and are bookable in advance.
Rucksack Picnic for the more active
£12.50 per person
Our packed lunch contains a selection of freshly cut sandwiches, kettle chips, fruitcake, Yorkshire cheese, a selection of fruit and shortbread. We also include orange juice and bottled water.
Swinton Hamper for those wanting a more relaxed affair!
£18.50 per person
Our hamper contains Yorkshire Ham with Walled Garden Chutney, homemade breads, pates and olives, Yorkshire cheeses, fresh scones with clotted cream and local strawberry jam and fruit cake. We also provide you with orange juice and bottled water.
Deluxe Hamper for a little indulgence
Along with the food provided in our Swinton Hamper, we also offer Smoked Salmon with fresh lemon and a supply of hot soup and tea & coffee.
*Please note that there is a hire charge for the use of the Bothy Hut (which includes the delivery of the picnic to the hut leaving you un-encumbered to enjoy your walking, or a lift there and back), and it is available for guests ordering any of the picnic options. The charge is £25 for groups of up to four, and £45 for groups of five or more. Prices correct at time of writing. Please contact our reservations team on 0845 2871 005 to arrange.
Private parking available
Ramp, ground floor disabled toilet, additional bedroom equipment, deaf and alarm, four bedrooms with additional hand rails and access
All 30 bedrooms have room for a cot, with space for a z-bed or another cot in most of our rooms, and all four suites have sofa-beds. For a real fairytale experience try the Turret suite set on three circular floors!
Children under 8 years are asked not to eat in the restaurant after 7.00pm. Children aged 8 and over are welcome to eat from the restaurant menu in Samuel's. There is also a children's menu, which can be served as room service or in one of the ground floor public rooms. We are always very happy to puree, blend or warm up food, or to cater for any special requests for those with particular tastes.
With a playroom full of toys including an XBox (which converts into a private cinema) and a boot room full of kites, bikes and other outdoor games, there is no shortage of entertainment. There is also an outdoor play area and hours of walking in the parkland. Children can use the pool from 9:30am – 10am and 4:30pm – 5:30pm, with adult supervision.
The charges for bed and breakfast for children sharing rooms with an adult are £35 per child.
Private spa and treatment rooms, Cookery School, Bird of Prey Centre, shooting, golf, fishing, horse riding, walking.
Dogs allowed in a selection of bedrooms - £25 per dog per night and are welcome in all public areas where food is not served
Green Tourism Gold Award
Installed a wood-chip boiler, which is used to provide all heating and hot water requirements. This avoids the use of oil and, as it uses a renewable energy source, it is a carbon neutral operation. All residual waste is used for a "waste to energy" scheme which means it is treated at the Thirsk plant and then shipped to Rotterdam where it is incinerated to create hot water for local manufacturing plants and electricity that is fed into the grid.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: