Lindeth Howe Bowness on Windermere, Lake District
4* Lake District Country Hotel with views towards Lake WindermereBook
Member since 2003
Lindeth Howe is an idyllic secluded retreat with superb views of the lake and fells, offering award-winning cuisine, well appointed bedrooms and comfy sitting rooms.
OPL Exclusive details
Stay in a Superior room and receive:
- Complimentary upgrade to deluxe room (subject to availability on arrival)
- Cream tea for two on arrival (value £6.50 per person)*
- 5 course dinner for two on one evening in the award-winning candlelit dining room (value £48pp, please state your preferred time on booking)
- Full traditional Cumbrian breakfast for two daily (please state your preferred time on booking)
- *served between 14:00 and 17:00
There are 3 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 4* rated country hotel
- Close to Lake Windermere
- 2 AA rosette fine dining restaurant
- Ideal base to explore The Lakes
- Wonderful afternoon teas
- Relaxing gardens + sun terrace
- Once owned by the celebrated children's author Beatrix Potter
- The quality of the view from the "lake view" rooms does vary depending on the time of year visited (trees & shrubbery in bloom).
How to find Lindeth Howe
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
2pm – 5pm daily
Dress code is smart.
Parking facilities available as well as an electric car charging point
There is wheel chair access into the hotel and level access to all areas. Easy Access rooms have wide doors and support equipment including grab rails in the bathroom.
There are two Standard Family Rooms (up to 1 child) and one Superior Family (can accommodate 2 children)
Cots can be provided on request.
Children are charged £35 per night on Bed & Breakfast (upto the age of 15)
16 years and over are classed / charged as adults
History of the hotel
Lindeth Howe was built as a summer holiday home for a wealthy mill owner in 1879 and was situated in a 28-acre estate commanding fine views over Lake Windermere. The mill owner rented the house out to friends for holidays.
The hotel no longer accepts pets.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: