Lindeth Howe Bowness on Windermere, Lake District
4* Lake District Country Hotel with views towards Lake WindermereBook
Member since 2003
Lindeth Howe is an idyllic secluded retreat with superb views of the lake and fells, offering award-winning cuisine, well appointed bedrooms and comfy sitting rooms. The hotel is a beautiful country house hotel within a peaceful Lake District setting. Lindeth Howe sits amidst six acres of mature gardens with gently sloping lawns, woodland, a sun terrace and magnificent views of Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, and to the fells beyond. Originally built in 1879, the inspiring surroundings of Lindeth Howe Hotel gave creative inspiration to the famous children's author and illustrator Beatrix Potter.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury in the Lakes - (exclusive to OPL)
From £105.29 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £129.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Deluxe room and receive:
- Box of homemade chocolates in your room on arrival (value £10)
- One High Tea for two during your stay (served between 13:00 and 17:00, value £11.95 pp)
- Dinner on one evening with complimentary after dinner tea or coffee (please state your preferred time on booking)
- Full traditional Cumbrian breakfast daily (please state your preferred time on booking)
- Complimentary late check-out till 1200 (value £40)
- Complimentary room upgrade to the Suite if available on the day
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 4* rated country hotel
- Close to Lake Windermere
- 2 AA rosette fine dining restaurant
- Ideal base to explore The Lakes
- Wonderful afternoon teas
- Relaxing gardens + sun terrace
- Once owned by the celebrated children's author Beatrix Potter
- The quality of the view from the "lake view" rooms does vary depending on the time of year visited (trees & shrubbery in bloom)
How to find Lindeth Howe
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Breakfast: 8am-10am daily
Lunch: 12pm-2pm daily
Dinner: 6pm-08.30pm daily (30 minute intervals for reservations)
Afternoon Tea: 1pm – 5pm daily
Please book breakfast and dinner times in advance to avoid dissapointment.
Dress code is smart.
Ample free parking. 3 disabled spaces are allocated to our groundfloor rooms
Electric Vehicle charging: 2x ICS chargers, local charges apply.
There is wheel chair access into the hotel and level access to all areas. Easy Access rooms have wide doors and support equipment including grab rails in the bathroom.
There are two Standard Family Rooms (up to 1 child) and one Superior Family (can accommodate 2 children). Cots can be provided on request.
Children are charged £35 per night on Bed & Breakfast (up to the age of 15), 16 years and over are classed / charged as adults
History of the hotel
Famous children's author Beatrix Potter's family regularly holidayed at Lindeth Howe, and Beatrix illustrated Timmy Tiptoes and Pigling Bland whilst staying here. After the death of her father in 1915, Beatrix bought Lindeth Howe for her mother to live in.
The hotel no longer accepts pets.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: