Highbullen Hotel Golf & Country Club is set in a 125 acre estate in the heart of North Devon. The hotel boasts enviable leisure facilities, including a 20m indoor pool, outdoor pool, as well as many other country pursuits. Highbullen is a destination in its own right, or also the perfect base to explore Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks.
Due to Government advice the health facilities and pool are temporarily closed.
OPL Exclusive details
View special offers
Stay in an Estate Deluxe Double room and receive:
- Complimentary chilled bottle of Prosecco on arrival (value £29.50) or a cream tea for two (value £8.50 pp) during your stay*
- 3 course dinner for two in the Devon View Restaurant on the first evening (value £45 pp)
- A £25 pp dining allowance is included on additional evenings towards either the restaurant or tea room
- Full use of the leisure facilities during your stay
- Full breakfast daily and a noon late check out
- Stay 3 nights+ and receive a complimentary bottle of house wine (value £21) with dinner on one evening
- *Please advise upon booking - for the forseable future the cream tea option will not be available and dinner will be served in the Pavillion restaurant due to Government restrictions
- Please refer to the coronavirus tab on our website for the latest information on spa opening and access.
- 4 star rated luxury hotel
- Extensive leisure facilities
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Award winning restaurant
- Stylish contemporary bedrooms
- 9 hole golf course
- Close to Exmoor and Dartmoor
- Easy access from M5
The hotel is set within it's own estate and therefore the rooms and facilities are spread across different buildings.
You can walk or drive to the different locations / buildings
Four Poster Bed
Golf Course Nearby
Internet Connection in Rooms
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
2 AA Rosette Dining
Portsmouth Arms (3 miles) Kings Nympton (3.3 miles)
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 3:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
Served form 8am -10am
Served in the Devon View Restaurant from 6.30pm to 8 pm every day.
The Cellars Restaurant 6.30-9pm
A traditional Sunday Lunch is served in the Devon View Restaurant from 12.30 until 2.30pm each Sunday.
Afternoon Tea is served in the Devon View Restaurant 12-4 daily
Devon View Restaurant requests smart attire only
Ample complimentary parking is available
Parking spaces are also located close to the rooms around the Estate.
1 ground floor Manor House room is appropriate for guests with limited mobility, plus 12 Estate Rooms are located on the ground floor (6 with walk in showers).
The hotel does not have a lift.
There are 6 family rooms available and children are welcome to dine in the Cellars Bar
Leisure Club Times
Monday - Friday 7:30am-8pm
Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm
Children are nor permitted to swim in the Adults Only Lane
Under 16's are not permitted to use the Jacuzzi, Sauna & Steam Rooms
You will need a £1 coin for the lockers
History of the hotel
It was in 1879 that William Moore, a prominent architect and builder from Exeter built the impressive mansion from stone quarried from within the estate.
Highbullen is a fine example of the architecture that emerged from the "Arts and Crafts" movement. It is easy to see the influence of Philip Webb, who is often referred to as the father of the "Arts and Crafts" architecture. The solid, well proportioned forms, steep roofs and deep porches of Highbullen are all typical of Webb's style and the intriguing marble fireplace in the drawing room is of particular note. Highbullen remained the Moore family's home for over 40 years.
Jumping forward to World War Two a new and exciting chapter opened in Highbullen's history. The substantial ground floor rooms became classrooms when a private school was evacuated there and during this time the grounds were maintained by German prisoners of war.
There are 4 dog friendly rooms, well behaved dogs are welcome in the Cellars Brasserie. Dog charges are applicable at £10 per dog per night.
View special offers or book now