Cringletie House Peebles, Nr Edinburgh, Borders & Lanarkshire
Stunning luxury castle south of Edinburgh - Scottish Borders
Member since 2005
Cringletie House is a luxury boutique country house hotel, located just outside Peebles in the Scottish Borders. Previous winner of the coveted AA Hotel of the Year for Scotland, this is one of Scotland's very finest privately owned country hotels.
Complimentary Champagne and Room Upgrade Date: 06 November 2019
Stay between the 7th November the 22nd of December 2019 & receive a complimentary bottle of Champagne and room upgrade (upgrade subject to availability on arrival & Champagne to replace welcome drink)
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Castle Break
From £68.50 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £94.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Luxury room and receive:
- Stay before the 22nd of December & receive a complimentary bottle of Champagne and room upgrade (upgrade subject to availability on arrival & Champagne to replace welcome drink)
- Welcome drink on arrival (local beer, house wine, tea/ coffee, etc,value £5pp)
- 3 course dinner for two on one night (£45pp allowance)
- Full Scottish breakfast for two daily
- Complementary late check out (subject to availability)
- For stays of 2 nights or more, receive £15 per room credit towards your favourite bottle of wine when having 3 courses from the dinner menu. This offer applies from the second night onwards.
There are 3 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- One of the finest hotels recently inspected by our team
- Elegant luxury bedrooms
- Just 30 minutes from Edinburgh, and yet close to stunning scenery
- 28 acres of grounds to explore
- Locally renowned restaurant
- Some are surprised to hear that the restaurant is on the first floor, but when you see the stunning room you'll see why, and don't worry about accessibility as the hotel has a lift servicing all floors.
How to find Cringletie House
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8am - 10am Daily
6:30pm - 9:30pm Daily
12:30pm - 4:30pm Mon- Sat
3pm - 4:30pm Sundays
Free parking available on site.
Cringletie is fully accessible for wheelchair users and offers disabled parking, lifts to all floors and a specially designed accessible room.
Children are welcome at Cringletie House and stay free of charge on a bed and breakfast basis up to age 12.
Some Luxury rooms can accommodate 1 extra bed and Junior Suites up to 2 extra beds.
A children's menu is available in the relaxed environment of the bar and lounge; children's meals are also served in the Sutherland Restaurant.
Please call 0845 2871 007 to discuss requirements and check availability.
Within the hotel there are many games to enjoy including: board games, croquet, an outdoor chess set and a trampoline.
Nearby activities include walking, mountain biking canoeing, golf and fishing.
History of the hotel
Jacob and Johanna embarked on extensive renovations of the inside of the house, advised by Simpson and Brown architects in Edinburgh. They also started an ambitious programme to improve the grounds, including replanting woodlands, building woodland walks, and restoring the splendour of the historic walled garden.
The result of their work is the luxurious hotel you see today, combining the charm of the house's Victorian heritage with the comfort and convenience of the 21st century.
Note: To honour the history of the House and its inhabitants, the current tartan in the hall and staircase is a mixture of the Murray and the Sutherland tartans. It was created for us by McKay in Durham. The check is taken from the Murray tartan, the red line made a little softer and the blues and greens are derived from the Sutherland tartan.
Dogs stay free and they are welcomed with a nice doggy biscuit! The grounds are wonderful for a morning dog walk with plenty of rabbits to chase and the hotel will happily provide a water bowl on request. They also offer dogs their own special menu, blankets and cushions, dog box; doggie walks map plus a vet on call and a grooming service who can come to tender for all your treasured ones needs! Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed in any public areas.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: