The Bear of Rodborough is a charming, dog-friendly hotel perched neatly on top of Rodborough Common, within acres of beautiful National Trust land. Dating back to the 17th Century when it started life as a coaching inn, the hotel boasts an abundance of original features! Now part of the privately-owned Cotswold Inns and Hotels collection; the Bear has been sympathetically refurbished with cosy country interiors, a rosette-awarded restaurant and traditional bar, which is enjoyed by residents and locals in equal measures.
OPL Exclusive details
5 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Good Double room and receive:
- Complimentary welcome drink in the bar on arrival per person (choice of either a glass of house wine/prosecco, G&T, pint of ale or lager)
- Late checkout till 12 noon (value £20)
- 3 course dinner for 2 in the Library Restaurant on one evening (value £34 pp)
- Full English breakfast for two daily
- Dine on a second evening and receive a complimentary bottle of House Wine (value £23) with your meal (3 courses)
- This package is non amendable and non refundable within 72 hours of arrival
View all offers?
- Stunning location
- Recently refurbished bedrooms
- Packed with character and charm
- AA Rosette awarded restaurant
- Original features
- Superbly located for visiting the Cotswolds
- The "Country House" bedrooms are a very short walk from the main building via an undercover walkway.
Four Poster Bed
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
1 AA Rosette Dining
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 2:30 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
7am-9.30am Mon- Fri
8am -10am Sat & Sun
12pm-2.30pm Mon- Sat
7pm – 9pm daily (The Library Restaurant)
6pm-9.30pm (The Bear Bar)
2.30pm – 6pm daily
On site free parking is available.
The hotel does not have any accessible bedrooms
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 5.00 per night and person for cots.
All children occupying en extra bed are charged GBP 20.00 per child per night (breakfast included).
All bedrooms have internet access
Dogs allowed on request in some Country House rooms. A charge of £20 per dog per night will apply with bowls and mats available if required, they are welcome in some country house rooms and are not permitted in the restaurant
View special offers or book now