Mosborough Hall Hotel Yorkshire & The North East
12th Century Manor House just minutes from The Peak District
Member since July 2018
Set in the picturesque village of Mosborough, just fifteen minutes from Chesterfield and the splendours of the Peak District, Mosborough Hall Hotel offers the perfect blend of charm, tradition and modern sophistication.
OPL Exclusive details
Classic Country Getaway
From £48.08 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £75 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Standard room and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink the bar on arrival (local beer, house wine, tea/coffee etc)
- Dinner for two in the Brasserie on the first evening (£50 credit per couple - allowance towards food only)
- A complimentary bottle of house wine with dinner if dining in the restaurant on an additional evening (min 2 courses each)
- Complimentary room upgrade subject to availability on arrival
- Full English breakfast daily
- Noon late check out
View special offers
- 12th Century Grade II listed manor house
- Contemporary cocktail bar and relaxed restaurant
- The hotel hosts regular Jazz evenings, taking place on the first Friday of each month.
- Ideal for exploring the Peak District
- Combination of historic charm and modern luxury
How to find Mosborough Hall Hotel
Mosborough Hall Hotel
High Street Mosborough
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Breakfast: 07:00 - 10:00
Lunch: 12:00 - 14:00
Dinner: 18:00 - 22:00
Weekend times may vary
There is adequate free onsite parking for guests.
The hotel does not have a lift.
There are 2 fully accessible rooms on the ground floor towards the back of the hotel.
The hotel has 2 family rooms with a double bed and sofa bed. Children stay free of charge on a bed & breakfast basis. Additional room upgrade charges apply.
Henry VIII carried out a secret affair at Mosborough Hall. The infamous King used a network of secret tunnels to gain access to the Hall so he could continue his affair with Anne Boleyn's sister, Mary. Henry's old tunnel system has been lost over time but Mary's room still exists and can be booked by guests wanting to wow their friends by saying they too had stayed in the colossal King's bedroom.
History of the hotel
The original Mosborough Hall was once owned by William Carey and his son Henry Carey, 1st Baron Hunsdon is also said to have been born in the hall.
Other former owners of the hall include Samuel Staniforth, a local mine owner from the village as well as members of the local Rotherham family.
Besides the building, the house's service buildings, gate and walls are also listed.
There is an additional charge of £20 per dog per night, allowed in bedrooms only.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: