Matfen Hall Hotel nr Newcastle, Yorkshire & The North East
Stunning luxury Manor House Hotel & Spa in Northumberland
Member since 2013
Stunning 4* luxury country house hotel situated just 15 minutes from Newcastle. 300 acres of spectacular parkland, boasting Championship golf, an award winning spa, fine dining, and 53 Sumptuous bedrooms.
OPL Exclusive details
Offpeakluxury Country Getaway - Premier Room
From £104.58 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £120 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Premier room and receive:
- Welcome drink each on arrival (value £5 pp)
- 3 course dinner for two each evening in the 2 AA rosette award winning restaurant (allowance of £40.00 per person)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Complimentary late check out 12.30 pm (value £25)
- Full use of the Spa facilities during your stay
- Enjoy 15% off any pre booked Spa treatments
- Get extra treats for longer stays:
- Stay 2 nights and receive one complementary bottle of wine (value £20)
- Stay 3 nights and receive one complimentary bottle of wine and one cream tea per stay (value £6.95 pp)
- Stay 4 nights+ and receive one complimentary bottle of wine, one cream tea, one box of chocolates (value £5), and one bowl of fruit in your room per stay (value £3.50)
- Please note that Premier rooms do not twin
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 4* Luxury hotel nr Newcastle
- Championship Golf
- Luxury Spa facilities including indoor pool
- Stylish elegant bedrooms
- Excellent fine dining restaurant plus more informal conservatory Bistro
- Although all the bedrooms are of a quality 4 star standard, we feel that for a true experience of a property of this nature Premier bedrooms are best for our customers.
- The hotel is set in its own estate and we fully recommend the use of a car if you plan to venture out.
- Only some rooms are accessible by lift so please do let us know if this is required.
How to find Matfen Hall Hotel
Matfen Hall Hotel
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
7am-10am Mon- Fri
7.30am-10am Sat & Sun
12pm-9.45pm daily (Conservatory Restaurant)
12pm - 4pm Mon- Sat
3pm - 4pm Sundays
Our restaurant dress code is "elegantly smart", we do not require gentlemen to wear a jacket and tie but we do not permit jeans or sports wear.
Free parking available on site, reservation not needed.
There are 3 first floor accessible bedrooms They can be reached via lift access from the main entrance and reception. The width of the lift door is 800mm. the lift is 1400mm deep x 1100mm wide These rooms provide specific facilities for guests with disabilities. Please contact us for details.
All children under 5 years stay free of charge on a bed and breakfast basis using children's cots/cribs.
Children under 15 years are charged £15 per person per night when using existing beds.
Some Premier rooms can take 1 children's cot/crib.
Some Principal rooms have a double sofabed suitable for 2 children.
Children are welcome to use the pool between 10.00am-12.00pm and 4.00pm-7.00pm each day.
The Library restaurant welcomes children between 6:30 and 7.00pm and serves a 'Young Diners' menu during these times.
History of the hotel
Matfen Hall was completely rebuilt in 1832-6 on the site of an earlier Jacobean house by Sir Edward Blackett, the 6th baronet. Parts of the Jacobean house, dating from 1690, still survive as does the original lintel stone with the family motto of the Douglas family who built the earlier house. The last family member to live in Matfen Hall was Sir Hugh Blackett, 8th baronet, who died in 1961. Following his death and the sale of much of the contents to pay death duties, the Hall was leased to the Leonard Cheshire Foundation. For the next 30 years the Hall cared for some 30 severely disabled residents.
Dogs are welcome in all rooms and are charged at £20 per dog per night. They are not allowed in food service areas
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: