Eshott Hall Yorkshire & The North East
17th Century country house hotel set in the Northumberland countryside
Member since 2008
Eshott Manor is an award winning 4* boutique country hotel set in beautiful tranquil grounds, near Morpeth in Northumberland. Renowned for its fine dining, Eshott also offers 16 individually designed character bedrooms, and outstanding levels of personal service.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Country Break
From £80.79 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £84.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Luxury room and receive:
- 3 course dinner for two each evening in the 2 AA rosette award winning restaurant (value £35 pp - small supplements apply on certain dishes)
- Complimentary after dinner coffee & petit fours each evening
- Full Northumberland breakfast daily
- Complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room if available when checking in.
- Late check out of 12:30
- Stay 2 nights and recieve a complimentary bottle of house wine with dinner on one evening
- Stay 3 nights or more and receive a complimentary bottle of house wine with dinner on one evening plus a complimentary afternoon tea for two on one afternoon (value £13.50 pp)
- Exclusive offer for OPL websites only (www.offpeakluxury.com, www.countryhotelbreaks.com & www.luxuryhotelbreaks.com)
View special offers
- 4* Luxury Country Hotel located between Morpeth & Alnwick
- 2 AA rosette award winning restaurant
- 16 deluxe style bedrooms
- Beautiful gardens
- Wonderful base to explore the unspoilt Northumberland countryside
- Guests have use of Spa & leisure facilities at Doxford Hall (around 15 minutes away)
How to find Eshott Hall
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8am - 10am
12pm - 2pm
6:30pm - 8:30pm
3pm - 5pm
Ample free parking
There are no ground floor bedrooms within the main hotel. Ground floor rooms are available within Eshott Grange and some cottages within the grounds.
Eshott Hall is a family friendly hotel. Children under 2 and requiring a cot are free of charge , children between the ages of 2 and 16 will be charged at £30 per child per night Bed and Breakfast. when sharing a room with full paying adults. Any meals taken will be charged as per the different menus. Room upgrades may apply.
Eshott wants families to enjoy their stay, and as such we provide a high tea for children under the age of 10 years at 6pm to enable parents to enjoy a meal on their own in the evening. If during your stay you wish to dine together as a family we will be happy to arrange family dining for those aged 8 years and over at 6.30pm given prior notice.
The luxury four red star Doxford Hall, at Chathill, a mere 15 minutes from Eshott have recently refurbished their Spa, and guests staying at Eshott have free access to their Spa facilities and discounted treatments. For more information please contact our reservations team on 0845 2871007.
History of the hotel
There is mention of a Hall at the Northumberland village of Eshott as far back as 1310, when Roger Mauduit was given a Royal License to fortify his home, which grew to an estate by 1328. The Crown confiscated the estate after a rebellion but restored it to the Mauduit family in 1359.
In 1415, there is reference to the 'Castle of Esshete' owned by a knight, Sir John Heron, but it is not until the turn of the 16th century that Eshott Hall as we recognise it now came into existence.
In the late 1960's the older central block of the Hall was demolished, leaving the north wing built in 1881 as well as the south wing. Eshott Hall fell into disuse but was revived in 1997 by Ho Sanderson, great grandson of Emerson Bainbridge, who developed the Hall into a venue for weddings, functions with some guest accommodation.
Eshott Hall have 2 dog friendly rooms, dogs are charged a £10 per dog per night
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: