Member since March 2023
Sitting in a peaceful rural location, surrounded by the rolling Lancashire countryside, Farington Lodge offers a tranquil setting and elegant bedrooms. The Grade II Listed Georgian house is surrounded by lawned gardens and grounds, but is within easy reach of the South Ribble Valley and Preston. The Garden restaurant offers up fresh, seasonal dining in fine surroundings.
OPL Exclusive details
Classic Country Getaway - Classic Room
From £52.90 pppn for a 5 night stay, to £64.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Classic Double and receive:
- A chilled bottle of sparkling wine in your room on arrival (value £38)
- Two course dinner for two on the first night (value £30pp)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Late check out till Midday
There are 6 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 3 acres of delightful grounds and gardens
- Great base for exploring the North West, the Forest of Bowland and Ribble Valley
- Just 30 minutes from Blackpool and an hour from Windermere in the Lake District
- Traditional, elegant bedrooms
- Grand reception rooms with period features
How to find Farington Lodge
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
There is ample complimentary parking for guests.
Children are welcome, however please check availability of suitable rooms before booking. Infants under 2 are accommodated free of charge, older children are £15 per child per night.
History of the hotel
Faringdon Lodge was built in the 1830s as a family home for Mr William Bashall, business partner of Mr William Boardman in the massive Farington Cotton Mill. In later years, the hotel came into the ownership of British Leyland Motors who used Farington Lodge primarily as a venue for visiting directors and dignitaries which included HRH Prince Edward and Mrs Simpson, HM The Queen Mother and HRH Prince Philip.
Dogs are permitted in selected ground floor Executive rooms and at an additional charge of £15 per dog per night. Please call us to check availability.
Dog beds and bowls are provided. Dogs are permitted in the lounge and bedrooms. There are even sausages for breakfast!
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: