Danesfield House Marlow, Hertfordshire & Buckinghamshire
Romantic luxury country spa hotel near Henley on Thames
Member since October 2019
Danesfield House Hotel & Spa is set within 65 acres of magnificent gardens overlooking the River Thames and the beautiful Chiltern Hills. The hotel sits just 30 minutes' drive from West London and just a few minutes from Henley on Thames. Elegant bedrooms, fine dining and a luxurious spa make Danesfield the perfect location for a romantic getaway.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Champagne Break - Classic Room
From £72.79 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £137.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Classic room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of Greno Pommery Champagne in your room on arrival* (value £56)
- 3 course dinner for two on the first evening of your stay (value £40 pp)
- Dine in the restaurant on an additional evening and receive a complimentary bottle of house wine (min 2 courses)
- Full use of the spa facilities from check in to check out
- Full breakfast for two daily
- 1 pm late check out
- *Guests can substitute the Champagne for a full afternoon tea for two during your stay if preferred, this must be requested upon booking.
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 4 star luxury hotel with 2 AA Rosettes
- Close to Henley and Marlow
- Elegant luxury bedrooms
- Easy access from West London
- Full spa facilities including indoor pool
- Dine in the Orangery, Oak Room Restaurant or Terrace
- 65 acres of parkland and formal gardens surround the house
- The spa at Danesfield is very popular. It is advisable to pre-book treatments prior to arrival to secure your chosen times.
How to find Danesfield House
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
6.00pm - 9.00pm (Sun-Thurs)
6.00pm-9.30pm (Frid & Sat)
Weekdays: 2.00pm - 5.30pm
Weekends: 3.30pm - 5.30pm
They have free guest parking and also disabled parking within the courtyard area.
Children are welcome. Cots are provided free of charge. Child beds are charged at £65 per night (6-16 years) and £80 (17 years) on a B&B basis.
There are three dedicated Family Rooms within the hotel. Each room contains a Queen sized bed as well as a double sofa bed.
Children aged 5-16 are permitted to use the pool and changing rooms from 2-5pm daily and also 8-9am. on Saturdays and Sundays, but are not permitted in the spa at other times.
Children are welcome in the Orangery.
Spa and Swimming pool policy:
Children are permitted in the spa (swimming pool) from the age of 5 years old at the following times and must have adult supervision:
Weekdays - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Weekends - 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
An impressive tree lined drive of Hornbeams under the Clock Tower is the first display of the magnitude of the 65 acres of parkland and formal gardens surrounding the house. The gardens have been restored and renovated from the middle of 1989 until the present day, a variety of beautifully tendered and most unusual plantings now flourish and can be found. Covering many part of the houses exterior is a masterfully pruned Wisteria, flowering in a purple cascade during May and June. On walking out onto the terrace you will see formal gardens, consisting of towering Yew topiary and box hedging filled with varieties of English and French Lavender, of which there are five different varieties within the grounds. Central to this formality a three tier fountain, a cherubim standing on an oyster shell tops this magnificent centre piece.
History of the hotel
Danesfield House that we see today was completed in 1901 as a family home for Robert William Hudson. The house is the third property to have been built within this glorious setting, amidst 65 acres of formal gardens with outstanding views over the River Thames and the Chiltern Hills beyond.
Guide Dogs only
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: