Member since April 2021
A magnificent monument to a bygone age of chivalry & honour. Located between historic Durham & vibrant Newcastle, perfectly situated to explore the North East of England. Individual rooms and sophisticated dining provide an ideal location for a unique, historical break or romantic retreat.
OPL Exclusive details
Romantic Lazy Break - Courtyard State Room
From £103.50 pppn for a 5 night stay, to £112.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Courtyard State room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco and chocolates in your room on arrival
- Dinner for two each evening in the main restaurant from the a la carte menu (£60 allowance per couple). Due to a limited number of tables in the restaurant, you must contact us or the hotel to book your dining time in advance.
- 20% off wines by the bottle
- Full breakfast daily (served in room if preferred)
- Complimentary 12.00 late check out
- This package is non refundable in the event of cancellation
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Original features throughout
- Individual bedrooms
- Award winning Knights Restaurant
- Stunning views of the river and parkland
- Open log fire
- Superb location for Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland
How to find Lumley Castle
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Breakfast 7.30-10 am
Lunch 12-2.30 pm
Afternoon Tea 2.45 - 5pm
Dinner 6.30 - 9.30 pm
Complimentary parking is available on site
Lumley Castle has bags of space for youngsters to explore as if knights or princesses from a bygone era.
Superior rooms provide extra space for families and have space to accommodate extra beds. They make a small charge of £20.00 per extra bed, per child, per night. Should you prefer a little more privacy, they also have several interconnecting rooms to accommodate larger families or small groups. (Child classed as 12 years and under).
History of the hotel
Standing proud for more than 600 years, the magnificent spectacle of Lumley Castle dominates the County Durham landscape.
Dogs are welcome in certain bedrooms at a charge of charge of £15.00 per dog per night.
Dogs are only allowed in their allocated bedrooms, hotel reception and the outer courtyard Please keep your dog on a lead and under control at all times. Dogs must not be left unattended. Please let us know, when booking if you will be bringing your dog. We politely request that you bring their bedding with you, and do not let them use the hotel furniture.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: