Headlam Hall nr Darlington, Yorkshire & The North East
Charming luxury country hotel near Durham
Member since 2008
This superb 17th century Jacobean mansion stands in beautiful walled gardens surrounded by its own spa, golf course and rolling County Durham farmland. The hotel boasts 2 AA rosettes for its food.
OPL Exclusive details
Food Lovers Break
From £87.50 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £115 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Main House or Mews room and receive:
- 3 course a la carte dinner for two each evening
- A complimentary full bottle of chilled Champagne in your room on arrival*
- A box of chocolates in your room
- Full English breakfast daily
- Full use of the spa & leisure facilities throughout your stay.
- Complimentary late check out of 12:00
- *Guests can substitute the Champagne for a full afternoon tea for two if preferred. Please advise when booking and note that afternoon tea is served Monday - Saturday only, guests staying on a Sunday who would like afternoon tea may take this on the Monday after check out.
- Stay 3 nights+ and receive one £25 spa voucher per room to be used towards treatments or in the spa brasserie
- Minimum 2 night stay on Friday and Saturday nights
View special offers
- Family owned & run luxury hotel in the North East of England
- Set in acres of manicured grounds surrounded by delightful countryside
- Elegant character bedrooms
- 2 AA rosette restaurant
- Fine spa facilities including indoor pool & Jacuzzi
- Some dog friendly rooms
- The weekends are very popular at this fine hotel. For best availability and offers book midweek if possible.
- If staying at weekends and intending to use the spa, the pre-booking of treatments prior to arrival is recommended.
How to find Headlam Hall
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
7am-10am Mon- Fri
8am-10am Sat & Sun
3pm – 5pm Mon- Sat
Afternoon Tea is not served on a Sunday
Ample free parking on site
The hotel has a lift in the Spa building, not in the main Hotel.
The Mews rooms are on ground floor
One Mews room is disabled adapted, with wet room, grab rails and on ground floor
Children welcome. Extra child (under 16) in family room add £30 per night on a bed and breakfast basis. Children under 4 no charge.
No children under 5 in restaurant after 7pm unless a private dining room has been booked.
Children under 16 are welcome to use the pool in the spa between 8am-9am & 4pm-5.30pm Mon-Fri, 8am-10am & 4pm-5.30pm Sat & Sun.
Well behaved dogs welcome to stay in Mews Bedrooms but not permitted in public rooms except the brasserie (open 9-5).
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: