The Wordsworth Hotel and Spa is a popular 4 star luxury hotel situated in the heart of the picture-postcard Lake District, village of Grasmere. With a choice of two dining experiences including the award winning Signature restaurant. A country house hotel with a home from home ambience, 38 individually designed bedrooms and suites, award-winning dining and a luxurious organic spa – the perfect ingredients for an indulgent stay in the majestic Lake District.
OPL Exclusive details
7 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 7 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Grasmere Village View room and receive:
- Four-course dinner for two in the Signature restaurant is included on one evening (value £40 pp).
- For guests staying 2 nights or more a second dinner is included in the Dove bistro (£15 pp allowance)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Guaranteed noon late check out
- Full use of the spa throughout your stay
- 15% off pre-booked spa treatments (Mon - Thurs only)
- Guests enjoying longer stays will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine if dining in the Signature restaurant on one additional evening
- Please refer to the coronavirus tab on our website for the latest information on spa opening and access.
View all offers?
- 4 star rated country hotel in the picturesque Lake District village of Grasmere
- Rosette award winning restaurant with separate bistro
- Indoor pool
- Luxurious organic spa
- Gardens with wonderful views
- Perfect base for a Lake District getaway
- Individually designed bedrooms
- The hotel is a tranquil little haven though the village of Grasmere itself is prone to quite a few visiting tour buses during the day.
Four Poster Bed
Internet Connection in Rooms
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
1 AA Rosette Dining
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 4:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
8am - 9:45am Daily
12pm - 2pm Mon - Sat
12pm - 2:30pm Sun
6pm - 8.30pm
12pm - 5pm
Please note that the Dove Bistro is temporarily closed.
Complimentary on site parking is available
Three rooms are on the ground floor for guests with poor mobility. We also have rooms with walk-in showers for those with mobility issues or if that is your preference.
There is a lift to both upper floors.
Up to 2 extra beds can be placed in some rooms. For children 12 years and under extra beds are charged at £25 per night on a bed & breakfast basis when sharing with 2 adults. (Classic rooms can not accommodate extra beds, please contact us for upgrade charges).
Cots are charged at £10 per night.
Children may use the pool & spa when accompanied by an adult.
Dogs are allowed to stay in some ground floor bedrooms, but not allowed in the public rooms other than the Garden Room and the Dove Bar. Dog accommodation is subject to availability and may require a room upgrade. Dogs are charged at £20 per night. The dog friendly rooms are 1 Courtyard room, 1 Superior room and 1 Classic room (the Classic room has a wet room within). Availability of these rooms would need to be checked first.
View special offers or book now