The Townhouse, Durham Durham, Yorkshire & The North East
Boutique town house in the centre of Durham
Member since August 2019
The Town House is an opulent Grade II-Listed Georgian town house located in Durham's charming Old Elvet area. This really is the perfect indulgence in a romantic break right in the heart of the city, with Durham Cathedral and the 11th-century castle within 10 minutes' walk, should you decide to leave the room.
OPL Exclusive details
Romantic Escape - Hot tub room
From £91.22 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £109.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Hot Tub and receive:
- A bottle of chilled Champagne and chocolates in your room on arrival*
- Full English breakfast daily
- Late check out (subject to availability, please ask at reception on arrival)
- *The Champagne can be exchanged for a full afternoon tea for two if preferred, please advise upon booking
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Private hot tubs in the three Garden bedrooms
- Located close to historic Durham Cathedral and castle
- Individually designed, themed bedrooms
- Outdoor terrace area for drinks or afternoon tea in the sunshine
- Variety of local restaurants nearby
The hotel does not serve dinner, however it's location means there is a great selection of restaurants just a a short walk away.
The hotel does not have any twin bedded rooms
How to find The Townhouse, Durham
The Townhouse, Durham
34 Old Elvet
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
The hotel serves breakfast and Afternoon Tea only. Afternoon tea must be pre-booked with at least 3 days notice.
Breakfast: Monday – Saturday: 7.30am – 10am; Saturday – Sunday: 8am – 10am
Afternoon Tea: 12pm – 3pm
On-street parking payable Monday – Saturday. Price varies from £1ph - £1.60. Sunday Free
There is an accessible toilet in main reception.
The Garden Lodge: wet room for suitable for wheelchair access however the room itself is accessed via outdoor steps.
None of the rooms offer extra beds for children.
History of the hotel
The hotel is built witin and around a Grade II listed Georgian townhouse in the historic Cathedral city of Durham.
Single Occupancy Policy
Please contact our team as rates vary.
The hotel do not permit pets
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: