4* Country Hotel and Spa near Barnard CastleBook
Member since August 2022
Surrounded by rolling fields, with a reputation for warm hospitality and good food, the family-owned Morritt Hotel is a popular choice for walking breaks and relaxing escapes. The award winning Garage Spa attracts those in search of rest and rejuvenation and indulgent pampering while the individually designed bedrooms offer a restful nights stay.
OPL Exclusive details
Sparkling Escape - Classic Room
From £47.50 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £90 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Classic Double room and receive:
- Glass of Prosecco in the bar on arrival
- 3 course Table d'Hote dinner in Gilroy's restaurant on the first evening
- 3 hours use of the spa facilities (value £40pp) and 30% discount on pre-booked spa treatments on the first day
- Full English breakfast daily
- Stay 3+ nights and receive a complimentary afternoon tea for two on one day
There are 7 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Close to the market town of Barnard Castle, Durham and Yorkshire Dales are a short drive away
- Comfortable, traditionally-styled bedrooms
- Garage Spa with outdoor hot tubs and treatment rooms
- Award winning dining in Gilroy's restaurant
Access to the spa is charged at £40pp for a 3 hour slot, however one slot per person is included in your package. Please book your time in advance as the spa does get busy.
How to find The Morritt Hotel & Spa
The Morritt Hotel & Spa
Nr Barnard Castle
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Ample onsite parking is free of charge
There is one fully adapted room that interconnects to the next-door room. Public areas are on the ground floor.
The hotel does not have a lift.
Feature bedrooms can take an extra bed, travel cots and z-beds are charged at £10pn, meals for children are payable to the hotel on departure.
History of the hotel
A former coaching inn, Charles Dickens stayed here whilst writing Nicolas Nickelby.
Dogs are welcome in selected rooms. Your dog can join you as you relax in the bar, lounge and gardens and if you wish to have breakfast with your dog the hotel will serve you in the Bistro.
Dogs are charged at £10 per stay.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: