Reservations Agent - UK luxury hotel booking agency
Full time - 5 days a week to include min 3 weekends every 4 and some evenings
c £19,500 p.a. starting, rising with experience.
Offpeakluxury specialises in romantic and luxury short breaks at UK hotels. We are looking to expand our team of passionate hotel enthusiasts who deliver the highest level of customer service of any hotel booking service in the country. This is an opportunity for dynamic individuals with great communication skills and a can-do, go-getting attitude, to play a vital role in our daily customer services functions.
This is a work from home position with potential for progression for ambitious and talented candidates. Candidates must be able to demonstrate they have a suitable environment for working from home without interruptions or background noise. You will also need a good broadband internet connection.
This is a full time role working 5 days a week, to include min 3 weekends every 4 and some evenings.
Key elements of the role include the following:
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer service calls and emails
- Gain a good knowledge and understanding of our hotels and offers, and the key selling points of our services.
- Resolve day to day operational problems with clients.
- Liaise with hotels and build strong relationships to ensure a smooth booking process and anticipate and avoid any likely problems.
- Match customer requirements to available hotels and offers, including some larger party/corporate bookings and special one-off requirements.
- Undertake online research of hotels, their facilities and pricing.
- Continuously gather information and news about our hotels to ensure standards are being kept, our website information is up to date, and we are working as closely as possible with our hotel partners.
We want our reservations team to know our hotels personally so you will need to be willing to do quite a bit of travelling in the UK to visit hotels. You will get plenty of opportunities to stay in them too, taking your partner or a friend.
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who understand that we are a small team and a rapidly changing company who just want to provide a great service to customers and hotels. You therefore need to be flexible enough to "muck in" with whatever tasks are important on any given day.
The people we are looking for will most probably have experience of working in hotel reservations or front of house, but applications are welcome from any candidate who can demonstrate a very strong track record in customer service and a keen interest in luxury hotels. In addition, you should also have:-
- Good written communication skills.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Good IT skills
- in particular must be comfortable using the Internet.
- Good basic sales skills.
- A strong customer service ethos and an enjoyment of pleasing customers.
- An appreciation of or interest in luxury hotels.
- The self-motivation and work ethos required to thrive working from home.
- The ability to read a map and use online tools to find suitably located hotels for a client's needs. Knowledge of UK geography and in particular tourist areas would also be advantageous, but not essential as full training will be given.
*This is optional. We pay for the stay but not for your time or travel costs, and in return expect you to make notes and provide some detailed feedback on your return.
Applications must include a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. This should explain why you are suited to the role and the working environment you would have in your home.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining briefly why you think you would be suitable for the position.
Closing date for applications is 28th March 2019.