Pendley Manor Tring, Hertfordshire & Buckinghamshire
Independent 4* country hotel in Hertfordshire
Member since December 2017
Pendley Manor is a charming country hotel set in 35 acres of parkland. Conveniently located close to the A41, Pendley is ideal for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, or simply to explore the Chiltern Hills. The hotel is benefitting further from a major refurbishment, with many commenting that they've never seen it looking better!
OPL Exclusive details
Romantic Lazy Break
From £78.50 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £94.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Superior room and receive:
- Guaranteed refurbished bedroom
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco in your room on arrival (value £29.50)
- 3 course a la carte dinner for two each evening without menu restriction
- Full English breakfast daily (served in room if preferred)
- Full access to Spa and leisure facilities
- 1 pm complimentary late check out
View special offers
- AA 4* rated hotel
- 2 rosette fine dining restaurant
- Conveniently located just off the A41
- Indoor pool and spa facilities
- Stylish contemporary bedrooms
- Pleasant conservatory to relax with a good book
- The hotel is currently under a major refurbishment. It is very much open for business and all plans have been carefully worked out to ensure minimal disruption to guests.
- The A41 is closeby. As you pull into the car park, you can just hear the road, but we were unable to hear any noise from inside the hotel.
How to find Pendley Manor
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 9.30am
Saturday 7.00am to 10.30am
Sunday 8.00am to 10.30am
Monday to Sunday from 12.00 noon to 2.30pm
Last orders 2.00pm
Afternoon Tea served from 1pm to 5:30pm
Monday to Sunday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Last orders 9.30pm
Free onsite parking is available
Disabled Parking is also available at the Reception. There are two entrances - one is for events so please make sure you drive to Reception entrance parking. The hotel can also provide a ramp if required.
The hotel have a fully accessible ground floor Classic Double room with grab rails and a wet room.
This hotel has a lift.
Children under 14 year old are free of charge to include breakfast when sharing a room with parents. Children over 14 year old will be charged £15 per night for bed and breakfast
Some superior rooms can accommodate up to two children, please check suitable availability prior to booking
The hotel sits within 35 acres of beautifully landscaped and wooded parkland.
History of the hotel
The Manor dates back to the Doomesday Book, when it was confiscated in 1066 by William the Conqueror and passed to his brother in law, Earl Moreton.
Jon de Angle, reputed to have been the first Member of Parliament, became the Manor's next owner, before it was passed to the Verney family when Sir Robert Whittingham's daughter married John Verney. The Verney family lived at the Manor for the next 150 years.
The Anderson family then occupied the Manor for the next four generations, prior to it being inherited by the Harcourt family. Sir William Harcourt abandoned the Manor in the 19th century, having objected to the building of the railway. It was burnt down in 1835.
Local landowner Joseph Grout Williams commissioned architect John Lion to build a new Tudor style Manor in 1872. He then occupied the Manor from 1875 until 1983, when the racehorse owner and commentator Dorian Williams sold the property to The Grass Roots Company.
In 1987, the Manor was purchased by an independent Hotelier and in 1989 restored to its original grandeur it re-opened as a Country House Hotel.
Dogs are not allowed at this hotel.
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: