Member since 2004
Lovelady Shield is an elegant Georgian Country House Hotel set on the banks of the River Nent, which nestles in the foothills of Alston Moor in Cumbria. Privately owned and managed, Lovelady is the perfect country retreat for those wanting to get away from it all.
OPL Exclusive details
Food & Wine Lovers Break
From £85.65 pppn for a 14 night stay, to £90 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Luxury Double room and receive:
- Enjoy a four course tasting dinner for two each evening (value £49.50 pp)
- A £20 credit towards your favourite bottle of wine with dinner daily
- Full English breakfast for two daily
- Stay three nights or more and receive a complimentary upgrade to the seven course tasting menu for two on one evening
View special offers
- Family run romantic country hotel set in the unspoilt Cumbrian countryside.
- Character luxury bedrooms
- Relaxing lounge areas with books and board games
- Outdoor lovers paradise with lots of local walks
- Lovelady is set in a very rural location ideal for outdoor lovers and those seeking a country retreat experience.
- The driveway to the hotel down by the river is a bit bumpy, but you don't need a 4x4
How to find Lovelady Shield
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
(Advance notice period of 24hrs required for Lunch bookings)
7pm – 8.30pm (last orders) daily
2.30pm – 5pm daily
Smart to casual
Free private hotel parking available
The hotel does not have a lift.
There are no bedrooms on the ground floor.
Hotel only accept children aged 7 years and over. The charge is £25.00 B&B per night when sharing a room with their parents. Full rates apply when occupying their own room.
Please note that Sunday evenings are a set 7 course Gourmet menu
Dogs are welcome in some bedrooms (not in public rooms) £10.00
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: