Lindeth Howe is an idyllic secluded retreat with superb views of the lake and fells, offering award-winning cuisine, well appointed bedrooms and comfy sitting rooms.
OPL Exclusive details
3 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 3 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Deluxe room and receive:
- 5 course dinner for two each evening (value £48 per person, please state your preferred time on booking)
- One HighTea for two during your stay (value £11.95 pp)
- Full traditional Cumbrian breakfast daily (please state your preferred time on booking)
- Box of homemade chocolates in your room on arrival (value £10)
- Complimentary late check-out till 1200 (value £40)
- Complimentary room upgrade to the Suite if available on the day
View all offers?
- 4* rated country hotel
- Close to Lake Windermere
- 2 AA rosette fine dining restaurant
- Ideal base to explore The Lakes
- Wonderful afternoon teas
- Relaxing gardens + sun terrace
- Once owned by the celebrated children's author Beatrix Potter
- The quality of the view from the "lake view" rooms does vary depending on the time of year visited (trees & shrubbery in bloom).
Golf Course Nearby
Satellite TV in Rooms
2 AA Rosette Dining
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 4:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
2pm – 5pm daily
Dress code is smart.
Parking facilities available as well as an electric car charging point
There is wheel chair access into the hotel and level access to all areas. Easy Access rooms have wide doors and support equipment including grab rails in the bathroom.
There are two Standard Family Rooms (up to 1 child) and one Superior Family (can accommodate 2 children)
Children under 7 are not allowed in the dining room after 6.30pm. They will be treated to their own special High Tea in the Lounge or Bar from 5.00 to 6.00pm.
Cots can be provided on request.
Children are charged £35 per night on Bed & Breakfast (upto the age of 15)
16 years and over are classed / charged as adults
History of the hotel
Lindeth Howe was built as a summer holiday home for a wealthy mill owner in 1879 and was situated in a 28-acre estate commanding fine views over Lake Windermere. The mill owner rented the house out to friends for holidays.
The hotel no longer accepts pets.
View special offers or book now