Member since 2021
Has declined since previous stay
stayed: November 2022
-lovely views over the canal and hills
-plenty of parking
- rooms are fine for the money
- hotel has changed hands and is being run by
a management company. It shows. Nobody appears
To be in charge. Lots of people being trained.
- despite our printed off-peak luxury reservation voucher clearly stating
Paid in Full ( 325) they still swiped my card to the tune of 350 on arrival.
- included meal on first night was mediocre at best. No attention to detail, inexperienced servers, untidy greeting station. We were told no tables available until 2030 but when we arrived early there was hardly anybody there. Despite giving our name and room number, which we assumed would automatically bring up a record of our included complimentary bottle of wine, we were told we had to produce our voucher again. As we couldn't bother going up to the room again at this stage, we passed on the wine. No apology, no warmth, no joined up thinking.
- breakfast hit and miss. On 3 days cooked breakfasts came within 5 minutes. On one day it came after 40 minutes, with tables that arrived after us getting theirs much sooner.
- on checkout, they were all poised to charge us for our stay, again, despite them having seen the voucher showing we had already paid.
All in all the place now reminded us of one of those places that has lost its way, where the staff are perhaps demoralised, and where nobody seems to be overseeing anything. Basically the sort of place you might expect to be the subject of a Gordon Ramsay intervention. It's sad, because there is so much wasted potential.
Back Next review ›
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: