Ednam House Hotel has breathtaking river views as well as traditional character and features throughout the building. With three acres of gardens to enjoy as well as a plethora of home grown produce served in the Riverside Restaurant.
OPL Exclusive details
3 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 3 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Classic Courtyard room and receive:
- A complimentary upgrade on arrival (subject to availability)
- A welcome drink on arrival for two (value £4.50 pp)
- 3 course a la carte dinner for two on one evening (value £32.50 pp)
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- A complimentary late check out at 12.30 (value £25)
- Receive a complimentary bottle of house wine (value £18.50) if you dine in the restaurant on one extra evening (3 courses)
- Stay 3 nights or more and receive a complimentary afternoon tea for two during your stay (value £15.95 pp)
View all offers?
- Spectacular river views
- Local produce including salmon caught on the River Tweed
- A short stroll to Kelso town centre
- Many dishes produced on the grounds
- 30 minute drive from Northumberland National Park
- Elegant and traditional bedrooms some with original features
Ednam House is a very traditional hotel with classical decor. Many of the rooms sold via OPL have some modern features, but if you do prefer more contemporary style furnishings, this hotel may not be for you.
Golf Course Nearby
Internet Connection in Rooms
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
1 AA Rosette Dining
Tweedbank Train Station is 16 miles away
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 2:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
7.30 am - 10 am daily
The bar is open from 12 pm - 9 pm
7 pm - 9 pm
The dress code is smart/causal
Complimentary parking is available on site
Ground floor rooms are available within the hotel but these are not suitable for wheelchair access and do not have accessible bathrooms. There are also stairs leading to the restaurant.
Children are welcome.
Children under 2 and requiring a cot are free of charge.
Children under 6 years of age are charged at £20 per child per night Bed and Breakfast.
Children under 16 years of age are charged at £30 Bed & Breakfast
Any meals taken will be charged as per the different menus. Certain restrictions exist for young children with regard to the times allowed to dine.
Set on the banks of the River Tweed, there are three acres of grounds to enjoy, they even have their own smokery
History of the hotel
In 1761 the house was erected and no expense was spared. The location by the river was bought as well as land in the town to provide the vegetable garden. The then expert, Joseph Rose, executed the splendid Italian plaster ceilings. Fine craftsmen were also contracted to produce the various carved doors, fireplaces and stone work.
Although the original building has been extended and updated through the years, many of the splendid original features still remain for all to enjoy
Please be aware that all rooms are dog friendly, however, a maximum of two dogs will be allowed in each room, dogs cannot be left in the room unattended at any time and should be kept on a leash at all times with in the premises. Dogs are charged at £10 per dog per night.
View special offers or book now