Romantic luxury hotel and spa, reputedly the oldest inhabited castle in Scotland. Situated just 8 miles from Edinburgh city centre, Dalhousie is both a wonderful base to explore this popular city, or a destination in it's own right, with a relaxing spa, fine dining and more.
OPL Exclusive details
5 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Castle Classic Double room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Tattinger Champagne in your room on arrival (value £65)*
- 3 course dinner for two on one evening in the 2AA rosette award winning Dungeon Restaurant (value £49.50 pp)
- Full Scottish breakfast for two daily
- Full use of the spa throughout your stay
- 15% discount on pre-booked spa treatments (valid Sun - Thurs only)
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival (subject to availability)
- Lazy late check out 12:30
- *Guests can substitute Champagne for a full afternoon tea for two during your stay (value £18.50pp) if preferred. Please advise prior to arrival. Exclusive offer only available through Off Peak Luxury websites
- Please refer to the Coronavirus tab on our website for the latest information on spa opening.
View all offers?
- Luxury hotel just 8 miles from Edinburgh
- 13th Century castle
- 35 elegant character rooms
- 2 AA rosette fine dining restaurant
- Separate informal bistro
- Aqueous spa including hydro pool
- Set in parkland on the banks of the River Esk.
Four Poster Bed
Golf Course Nearby
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
2 AA Rosette Dining
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 3:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
Monday - Friday 7.30 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
Saturday -Sunday 8 a.m. - 10.30 a.m.
Afternoon Tea: 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Dinner (Dungeon Restaurant): 7.00 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
Ample on site parking (free)
Owing to its construction and structure, Dalhousie Castle does not have an accessible room or easy wheelchair access. Ground floor rooms are available at Castle Rocks within the hotel grounds.
The hotel does not have a lift
Children will be charged at £45 per night on a bed and breakfast basis.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Cots are charged at £15 per night.
Children under 16 are not allowed to use the spa
Children under the age of 12 are not able to dine in the Dungeon Restaurant. Dining will be in the Orangery restaurant instead for customers with children under the age of 12.
Set in acres of parkland on the River Esk
Free wifi is available throughout the hotel.
History of the hotel
The Ramsays of Dalhousie have reason to be proud of their heritage and their long links with Scottish history. They held possession of Dalhousie longer than any other family has retained possession of a castle in Scotland. The Castle, which is situated in the parish of Cockpen, eight miles south of Edinburgh, dates from the 13th century, although only the enormously thick walls at the foundation level and the vaults remain, of the original building. The main parts of the present structure were built about 1450 from red stone quarried from the opposite bank of the South Esk River on which the Castle stands. In the succeeding centuries there have been various additions and modifications, but the essential form of the Castle which had an L-shaped keep surrounded by an outer curtain wall can still be clearly discerned.
There are just 2 Castle Rocks Suites that accommodate dogs, these incur an upgrade charge on top of the Castle rooms. Dogs are charged at £25.00 per dog per night. Please advise before booking if you would like to stay with your dog and we will be happy to check availability and pricing for you.
Please note that the Castle Rocks rooms are not located in the Main hotel
View special offers or book now