Four Star Charming country hotel situated on the banks of Windermere
Member since 2016
Cragwood Country House Hotel is located in 20 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland, with breathtaking views of Windermere. The perfect base to explore the Lake District with friendly and welcoming service.
OPL Exclusive details
Escape to the Lakes - House room
From £89.86 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £99.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a House room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco* in your room on arrival (value £27)
- 3 course dinner for two each evening in the AA rosette award winning restaurant (value £39 pp)
- Full Cumbrian breakfast daily
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival (subject to availability)
- Complimentary noon late check out (usually £20 additional charge)
- *guests can substitute the Prosecco for a full afternoon tea for two (value £19.95 pp) during your stay (must advise in advance of arrival). Exclusive offer only available through offpeakluxury.com
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- On the banks of Windermere
- Ideal base to explore the Lake District
- Stylish and individual bedrooms
- Close to Windermere town
- Freshly prepared and locally sourced food
- Private jetty on Windermere
- Surrounded by 20 acres of gardens
- 4 star property
- AA Rosette Restaurant
Windermere is very popular with tourists, particularly in summer, so if you do not like crowds this may not be for you. There are 20 acres of gardens to enjoy with lake views so can you can always enjoy the peaceful atmosphere at the hotel.
How to find Cragwood Country House
Cragwood Country House
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8.30 - 10am
The Bar menu is available from 12-9pm
Seating times are 6.30, 7.30 or 8.30 pm
There is complimentary on site parking
There are 2 car park spaces reserved for disabled guests and an adapted ground floor room is available, please call our reservations team on 0333 2125 594 to establish availability.
There is not a lift and there are 4 ground floor rooms.
Children under 2 years stay free of charge. Children aged 3 -12 Charged £30 per child per night including breakfast.
Additional beds can be accommodated in some House rooms.
There are 20 acres of woodland and landscaped gardens to enjoy. The Edwardian Gardens, landscaped at the turn of the century by Thomas Mawson, lead down to the shore of Windermere to the half mile of lake frontage.
Cragwood is situated right next to the incredibly popular attraction of Brockhole Visitor Centre: http://www.brockhole.co.uk . Brockhole is a fantastic location filled with activities such as a high ropes course, adventure play, all sorts of family activities from pony trekking to crazy golf and you can also catch the famous Windermere Lake Cruise from their jetty. We are also 2 miles from Ambleside and 3 miles from Bowness where you will find popular activities such as the world of Beatrix Potter. Wray Castle is also a short drive away, as is the famous writer, Wordsworth's old house, Dove Cottage.
History of the hotel
Cragwood Country House was deigned by Frank Dunkerly and built in 1910 for the industrialist Albert Walburton. Built with stone quarried from its own grounds, which are now a feature of the water gardens.
Dogs are welcome at Cragwood, there is a small charge of £20 per dog per stay.
Your dog is welcome in any of the bedrooms and lounges, but not the dining room.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: