Historic luxury hotel & spa by the sea in West Sussex
One of the finest luxury spa hotels in the UK. Bailiffscourt is a truly unique property set in its own ancient style village. There are lots of tucked away lounge areas and the hotel is just yards from the beach, relax, unwind and revitalise.
OPL Exclusive details
Escape to the Sea
From £195.72 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £197.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Climping room and receive:
- Three course dinner for two each evening for the Climping Menu (value £53.50pp)
- £60 spa treatment voucher per room per night (not included for Saturday stays)
- Guaranteed room upgrade to Superior from Classic (value £20)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Full and complimentary use of all spa facilities throughout your stay
View special offers
- Unique luxury hotel just a few hundred metres from the sea
- Fine Spa with indoor & outdoor pools offering wide ranging treatments
- Elegant award winning Tapestry restaurant
- Stylish elegant bedrooms
- Family friendly
- The beach is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is however a shingle beach.
How to find Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa
Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
7.30am-10am Mon- Fri
8am-10am Sat & Sun
3.30pm- 5.30pm daily
Complimentary parking available
Children welcome, specific child swimming hours in the spa please check with the hotel. Special Jaques games available for both indoor and outdoor use. Children under 2 are free, cots can be provided at £25.00
We offer family swim times from 10.00am to 11.00am and 3.30pm to 5.00pm every day
The hotel boasts 30 acres of private parkland, leading to Climping beach.
History of the hotel
With all the appearance of an ancient manor house, Bailiffscourt's best-kept secret is that until 1927 it didn't exist. It was designed for Lord Moyne, then Walter Guinness of the brewing family, by the antiquarian and architect, Amyas Phillips.
His brief was to recreate a house in the medieval style, which was favoured by Lord Moyne's wife Evelyn. Phillips searched the country for original stone, woodwork, doors, windows and fireplaces, bringing them all together at Climping to create the exquisite country house and park that we see today.
Throughout the 1930's, Bailiffscourt played host to the high society of the day until the death of Lady Moyne in 1939, and in 1948 it became a privately owned hotel and in 1993 Historic Sussex Hotels bought and lovingly restored Bailiffscourt.
Dogs are welcome in Superior rooms and above categories at £20 per dog per night. They are welcome in the lounge but not the restaurant or spa
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
Lower Beeding, Nr Horsham
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: