Member since 2019
Overlooking Pitlochry in the Scottish Highlands with views of Ben-y-Vrackie and the Tummel Valley this historic hotel is the ideal base for exploring the Scottish Highlands. Relax in the chandelier-lit lounges with log fires, sample a local whisky, stroll around the spectacular gardens and museum, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
OPL Exclusive details
Stay 2 nights in a Standard Double room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco in your room on arrival
- 3 course table d'hote dinner for two each night (value £33 pp). Please note that the hotel offers two sittings for dinner, 6pm and 8pm, please advise of your preference.
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Noon late check out (in the months of May to September this is subject to availability, please enquire on check in)
- Stay 3 nights+ and receive a complimentary full afternoon tea for two
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- 4* rated luxury hotel
- Unique on-site museum
- Award-winning gardens
- All-weather tennis courts and 9 hole pitch and putt
- Individually designed luxurious bedrooms
- Dine in the Verandah Restaurant
- Please bear in mind when pre-booking dining that the hotel offers 2 sitting for dinner, 6pm and 8pm.
How to find Atholl Palace
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Breakfast: 7.30am-10am daily
Lunch: 12.30 - 5pm daily
Afternoon Tea: 12.30pm and 5pm daily
Dinner: sittings at 6pm and 8pm
Complimentary onsite parking
There are 2 accessible rooms
Children are welcome, the charge for under 12 years of age is £35 per child per night including dinner. Over 12 years of age is £55 also including dinner. Child friendly rooms are subject to availability, please call our team to check availability
There are no time restrictions for children however they will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
History of the hotel
The hotel's unique and fascinating history began in the middle of the 19th Century when the popularity of Scotland as a holiday and health destination grew amongst Victorians.
In 2001, an extensive refurbishment of the hotel began.Over the course of a decade, hidden rooms and forgotten buildings were uncovered and restored, including the historic Victorian Spa and Turkish Baths on the lower ground floor. New and old gardens were carefully cultivated to award-winning standards.
In 2005 the Atholl Palace Museum opened, celebrating the rich history and architectural heritage of the hotel.
Unfortunately no dogs are allowed
Green Tourism Gold Award
We aim to work towards zero landfill over the next few years by implementing recycling where possible. We strive to become a carbon neutral hotel, and support and use suppliers with good environmental policies.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: