Overlooking Pitlochry in the Scottish Highlands with views of Ben-y-Vrackie and the Tummel Valley this historic hotel is the ideal base for exploring the Scottish Highlands. Relax in the chandelier-lit lounges with log fires, sample a local whisky, stroll around the spectacular gardens and museum, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
OPL Exclusive details
5 Special Offers for this hotel.
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
Stay in a Valley Twin room and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco in your room on arrival
- 3 course table d'hote dinner for two each night (value £33 pp). Please note that the hotel offers two sittings for dinner, 6pm and 8pm, please advise of your preferece.
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Noon late check out (in the months of May to September this is subject to availability, please enquire on check in)
- Stay 3 nights+ and receive a complimentary full afternoon tea for two
View all offers?
- 4* rated luxury hotel
- Unique on-site museum
- Award-winning gardens
- All-weather tennis courts and 9 hole pitch and put
- Individually designed luxurious bedrooms
- Dine in the Verandah Restaurant
Four Poster Bed
Golf Course Nearby
Internet Connection in Rooms
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 3:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
Breakfast: 7.30am-10am daily
Lunch: 12.30 - 5pm daily
Afternoon Tea: 12.30pm and 5pm daily
Dinner: 6pm - 9pm daily
Complimentary onsite parking
There are 2 accessible rooms
Children are welcome, the charge is £35 per child per night including dinner. Child friendly rooms are subject to availability, please call our team to check availability
There are no time restrictions for children however they will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
History of the hotel
The hotel's unique and fascinating history began in the middle of the 19th Century when popularity of both Scotland as a holiday and health destination grew amongst Victorians.
In 2001, the most extensive refurbishment of the hotel began.Over the course of a decade, locked away rooms and buildings were uncovered and restored including the historic Victorian spa and Turkish baths in the lower ground floor and the art deco building ‘Highways' . New and old gardens were carefully cultivated to award winning standards.
In 2005 the Atholl Palace Museum opened within the hotel. It was the largest of its kind in the UK, celebrating the rich history and architectural heritage of the hotel.
Unfortunately no dogs are allowed
Green Tourism Gold Award
We aim to work towards zero landfill over the next few years by implementing recycling where possible. We strive to become a carbon neutral hotel, and support and use suppliers with good environmental policies.
View special offers or book now