Member since 2003
Armathwaite Hall Hotel is a family owned and run 17th century Country House Hotel and formerly a stately home. Featuring wood panelled public rooms and log fires, it is set in 400 acres of grounds with spectacular lake and fell views.
Refurbishment to Lake View Lounge in January, 2019 Date: 20 July 2018
Some refurbishment will be taking place in the Lake View Lounge, which will mean this public area will be out of bounds from 6 January, 2019 to 31st January, 2019.
There are alternative lounge areas for the guests to relax including the Hall and the newly refurbished cocktail bar. The hotel will endeavour to keep any disturbance to guests to a minimum.
OPL Exclusive details
From £145 pppn for a 2 night stay, to £155 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Club room and receive:
- Complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability on arival)
- 3 course dinner each evening in the Lake View Restaurant
- Full English breakfast daily
- Use of Spa leisure club facilities
There are 4 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Stunning luxury hotel on the banks of Lake Bassenthwaite
- Fine spa facilities including pool
- Renowned 2 AA Rosette restaurant with spectacular views
- Charming elegant bedrooms
- Excellent base to explore the surrounding Lake District
- The brasserie dining option is much more casual than the main Lake View Restaurant. Those looking for more of a fine dining experience may prefer packages that include dining in the main restaurant
- Lake Bassenthwaite is quite a few miles beyond the more touristy lakes to the east. When you drive up along the Lake and reach the hotel, we are confident you'll feel it was worth it!
How to find Armathwaite Hall
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8am-10am Sat & Sun
12.30pm-1.45pm daily (prior booking essential)
Please note that the restaurant is non smoking & that smart casual attire is requested whilst dining in the evening. Jeans, T-shirts and trainers are not permitted.
Car parking is available on site free of charge for 80 cars
The whole of the ground floor including the Restaurant, Bar, Leisure facilities and some ground floor bedrooms are available to disabled guests with reserved parking and access from the courtyard at rear of the hotel.
Family accommodation includes spacious rooms with extra beds for children, interconnecting rooms offering space and privacy and deluxe family rooms with integral bunk bedded rooms. Children under 12 years are charged at £25.00 each for bed and breakfast in this room type when sharing with two adults.
The charge for children sharing a non-bunk bedded room is £50 per night Bed and Breakfast.
Dogs are allowed in the hotel but not the public areas. There is a charge of £15.00 per dog per night which includes comfortable bed with cushion pillow, plus doggy bag which contains welcome letter, waste disposal bags and treats. They have recently opened a small shop specifically for pooches with water canisters, balls, treats and anything else that you need to help your dog enjoy their stay
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: