The Howard is a 5 star luxury townhouse in the heart of Edinburgh. With its butler service and excellent city centre location, this is the most discreet and welcoming hotel in Edinburgh.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Lazy Break - exclusive to OPL
From £72.90 pppn for a 5 night stay, to £119.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Luxury room and receive:
- 3 course a la carte dinner for two on one evening in the fine dining restaurant or served in your room (value £35 pp)
- Complimentary bottle of chilled Champagne in your room on arrival (approx value £50)
- Full Scottish breakfast daily (served in your room if preferred)
- Complimentary morning newspaper daily
- Complimentary lazy late check out to 1 pm
- Full butler service throughout your stay.
There are 2 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Understated small luxury hotel on cobbled streets in the heart of Edinburgh
- Outstanding levels of service included private butlers
- Dine in the in house Atholl restaurant
- Stylish elegant bedrooms
- Perfect base to explore Edinburgh
- Green Tourism Gold Award
- Blink and you'll miss it! - so discreet is The Howard that the hotel has just a small understated silver plaque on the door. Make a note of the street number.
How to find The Howard
34 Great King St
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
7am - 10am Weekdays
7:30am - 10:30am Weekends
2pm- 5pm daily
We have a secure free car park located at the rear of the Howard. Just pull up at the front door and one of our Butler team will be more than happy to park your car.
We have one ground floor bedroom with some disabled equipment – hand rail at the bath, hand rail at the toilet. We also have a step for getting in and out of the bath and a chair for in the shower.
Wheelchair access is available from the car park entrance, there is one small step into the hotel which the butlers can assist with and from there access to all floors is by the lift which can easily accommodate one wheelchair. We unfortunately do not have a disabled public toilet.
The Howard is located on Great King Street in the New Town area. Only a ten minute walk from Princes Street and just off Dundas Street, the Howard has an excellent location for restaurants and attractions.
Green Tourism Gold Award
It encourages biodiversity in its small wildlife garden, through bird boxes, feeders and insect logs. Energy reduction is achieved through using energy saving light bulbs, switching off unnecessary lights and electrical equipment, and the maintenance of loft insulation and draft excluders.
Hotel collectionsBy Train Eco-friendly Ultimate Luxury
LocationsSearch or browse other hotels
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
Peebles, Nr Edinburgh
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: