Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Cheshire, North West England
Award winning 4* spa hotel in the heart of Cheshire
This unique country house hotel and spa sits in 38 acres of grounds, and affords commanding views of the Cheshire countryside. Alongside some contemporary touches, there remains something timeless about the house: a relaxed, homely atmosphere and service that makes you feel extra special.
OPL Exclusive details
Classic Country Escape
From £92.29 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £96 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a Classic room and receive:
- 3 course table d'hote dinner for two each evening (value £39pp)
- Each receive a pre-dinner glass of Champagne and canapes daily (£15pp)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Late check-out till midday
- Stay two nights plus and receive a complimentary guaranteed room upgrade to at least an Executive room (value £30pn)
- Full use of the spa and leisure facilities throughout your stay
View special offers
- AA 4 red star inspector's choice country house hotel
- Award winning restaurant
- Easy access from M6
- Just 90 mins from London by train
- Stunning Spa with huge indoor pool
- Contemporary designed bedrooms
How to find Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
Dinner: 19:00 – 21:00
- Opening times: Mon - Thurs 10am – 3pm
- Opening times: Fri - Sun 10am - 4pm
- Bar opening times: 10am – 6pm
There is complimentary parking available & the hotel has a charging point for electric vehicles.
The hotel has lift access to all floors.
Accessible rooms available upon request, please contact our reservations team prior to booking to discuss your needs.
Family swim times:
- Monday-Thursday - 2pm – 5pm
- Friday - 3pm – 6.30pm*
- Saturday & Sunday - 9am-11am and 3pm-6.30pm*
- Bank Holidays - 9am – 11am and 2pm – 5pm
- Last entry for children's swim 6pm
The lovely setting of the hall amid 38 acres of gardens and wooded parkland, fringing the banks of the River Weaver, ensures complete tranquillity and the atmosphere of a bygone age. The front entrance looks across lawns to a small lake, while to the rear a magnificent terrace overlooks a fountain and lawn garlanded by well stocked flower borders. From this side of the property there are great views across timbered parkland to attractive meadows and woods.
History of the hotel
When Rookery Hall was built in 1816 it was known as "The Rookery, Worleston" and was the home of William Hilton Cooke, whose family portrait hangs in the Salon.
Apart from owning Rookery Hall and 500 acres of surrounding land, Cooke was also the proprietor of a sugar plantation in Jamaica named Chester Castle.
The next chapter comes in 1867 when Baron William Von Schroder bought the hall together with the park, farms and greenhouses, where vines were grown successfully. He was the son of Baron John Henry Von Schroder, founder of merchant bankers J Henry Schroder and Company.
Baron William became a justice of the peace, Lieutenant of the County of Cheshire and, finally, High Sheriff in 1888. He was a keen sportsman and loved hunting. He died in 1912 at the age of 71 and is buried in Worleston churchyard.
The Von Schroder crest and coat of arms can be seen on the beautiful barrelled ceiling in the main dining room. The baron changed the traditional Georgian mansion into a small chateau. Furthermore, he was responsible for substantial additions to the building, giving the house the unusual character which makes it almost unique in this country.
In 1990 a new wing was created and in 2007 the property was enhanced with a health club and spa, stylish new executive bedrooms
Unfortunately, pets aren't allowed in the hotel.
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: