Lovelady Shield is an elegant Georgian Country House Hotel set on the banks of the River Nent, which nestles in the foothills of Alston Moor in Cumbria. Privately owned and managed, Lovelady is the perfect country retreat for those wanting to get away from it all.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Weekend Break
From £78.34 pppn for a 3 night stay, to £100 pppn for a 2 night stay
Stay in a Superior room and receive:
- 4 course evening dinner for two on first two evenings
- Complimentary 1/2 bottle of Champagne
- Daily breakfast
There are 3 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Family run romantic country hotel set inthe unspoilt Cumbrian countryside.
- Renowned 2 AA rosette restaurant
- Character luxury bedrooms
- Relaxing lounge areas with books and board games
- Outdoor lovers paradise with lots of local walks
- Lovelady is set in a very rural location ideal for outdoor lovers and those seeking a country retreat experience.
- The driveway to the hotel down by the river is a bit bumpy, but you don't need a 4x4
How to find Lovelady Shield
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
(Advance notice period of 24hrs required for Lunch bookings)
7pm – 8.30pm (last orders) daily
2.30pm – 5pm daily
Smart to casual
Free private hotel parking available
There is a ground floor room which has been modified for wheelchair access and use.
Hotel only accept children aged 7 years and over. The charge is £25.00 B&B per night when sharing a room with their parents. Full rates apply when occupying their own room.
Please note that Sunday evenings are a set 7 course Gourmet menu
Dogs are welcome in some bedrooms (not in public rooms) £10.00
Hotel collectionsClassic Country Family Run Food Lovers Off the beaten track Pure Romance
LocationsSearch or browse other hotels
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
Peebles, Nr Edinburgh
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: