Small luxury country hotel in South Wales
The Great House is a Grade II Listed 15th Century former hunting lodge situated in the pretty conservation village of Laleston. With just 12 character bedrooms and an award-winning 2AA rosette fine dining restaurant, Great House is the perfect location for a short break.
OPL Exclusive details
Stay and Dine Offer
From £70 pppn for a 5 night stay, to £80 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in a standard double / twin room and receive:
- Full Welsh breakfast each day of your stay
- Two course A la Carte dinner each evening* *(starters, mains and desserts up to the value of £8, £19 and £7 respectively; higher priced menu items may be purchased at a supplement).
View special offers
- Friendly small country hotel within easy access of the M4 nr Bridgend
- Winners of the Hotel Restaurant of the Year for Wales 2016 & 2017
- Just 10 minutes drive to nearby beaches
How to find Great House Hotel
Great House Hotel
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
7am-9.30am Mon- Fri
8am -10am Sat & Sun
6.30pm – 9.30pm Mon-Sat
Closed on Sundays
3pm – 5pm daily
Please note:- our restaurant is not open on a Sunday Evening, we are however able to provide Sunday Lunch as a replacement.
Free parking facilities for hotel guests.
Disabled access to the restaurant and all ground floor facilities
Children are welcome, some standard rooms can accommodate one extra child (upon request). Cots provided on request. Children are allowed in the restaurant.
History of the hotel
This splendid house is believed to have been a gift from HRH Queen Elizabeth I to the Earl of Leicester.
Dogs are not permitted
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
Nr Builth Wells
Ross on Wye, Herefordshire
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: