Romantic Castle Hotel near Edinburgh
Carberry Tower Castle and Estate was built in 1480 and is set in 35 acres of magnificent private Estate parkland on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Now a luxury hotel, the Castle is a place of intimate grandeur. Expect quality food, excellence of service, and warmest of Scottish hospitality in this most unique hotel.
OPL Exclusive details
Romantic Lazy Break
From £61 pppn for a 14 night stay, to £102.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in an Executive room and receive:
- Chilled bottle of Louis Dornier Champagne in your room on arrival (value £50)
- 3 course dinner for two including coffee from the Campaign Room Bistro on one evening (value £30pp)
- Full Scottish breakfast daily
- Complimentary upgrade to a Suite on arrival (subject to availability)
- Late check out till 12pm (subject to availability)
View special offers
- Set in 35 acres of estate parkland
- Rich Royal history - a gathering place for Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses for over 5 centuries.
- The Champagne Terrace was a gift from the late Queen Mother to her sister who used to live here
- Many rooms retain original features such as fireplaces and working shutters
- Former Mansion House of the Late Queen Mother's sister, where the Queen and Princess Margaret played as children
- Previously known as Carberry Tower Mansion House & Estate
How to find Carberry Tower Castle and Estate
Carberry Tower Castle and Estate
Good to know
10:30 am to 9 pm daily
Free onsite parking
All public areas are accessible however only one Executive bedroom is fully equipped and is accessed by lift.
To accommodate a family in our guest bedrooms, a foldaway bed will be provided and is chargeable at £20 per child (aged 16 or under) per night. Should you require a cot, please ask at the time of booking.
Please be advised that not all guest bedrooms are suitable for accommodating families and availability must be checked in advance with our Reservations Team.
Established over a period in excess of 500 years, Carberry Tower stands proudly within its own 35 acres of private Estate parkland. With tree-lined driveways, sweeping lawns, landscaped ponds and meandering walkways, not to mention the parkland deer, pheasants and other wonderful wildlife, we also have a renowned collection of splendid trees which were planted throughout the last 300 years and contain some of the most celebrated varieties within the United Kingdom.
History of the hotel
Built 1480 – former home of Elphinstone family (related to the late Queen Mother). Situated within the estate where Mary Queen of Scots surrendered herself to the Confederate Lords in 1567.
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: