4 red star lake side luxury hotel & spa
Armathwaite Hall Hotel is a family owned and run 17th century Country House Hotel and formerly a stately home. Featuring wood panelled public rooms and log fires, it is set in 400 acres of grounds with spectacular lake and fell views.
OPL Exclusive details
Stay in a Club room and receive:
- Arrive 30th December 2017 Receive a bottle of bubbles in your room on arrival Enjoy a welcoming evening of cocktails and canapes, then delight in the mouth watering six course dinner and enjoy the hilarious tricks and balloon sculptures at your table.
- New Years Eve After a leisurely breakfast, at 10.15am we invite you to a wonderful 'Meet the Hawk' display on our front lawn. At 11.30am Collect your packed lunch and choose to travel by luxury coach for either a low level walk or for the more strenuous a mid level fell walk culminating with piping hot mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies on your return to the Hall. Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear are essential. (All outdoor activities are weather dependent). Gather your strength now for the final fling of 2017 starting with the Piper piping in the Haggis followed by our famous New Years Eve Buffet. Black Tie. Dance the night away to our New Year Eve disco. Bring in 2018 with a glass of bubbly whilst balloons cascade around you and everyone gathers for ‘Auld Land Syne'
- New Years Day A sumptuous extended breakfast will be served from 8am to 12pm. Afternoon Tea and Christmas cake can be enjoyed by the log fire at 4pm. In the evening Black Tie for our spectacular six course Gala dinner followed by a casino night with blackjack and roulette tables using fun money. A magnum of Champagne to the winner..!
- Cancellation charges will be 100% within 28 days of arrival. Armathwaite Hall reserve the right to alter the sequence of events if it becomes necessary.
There are 5 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- Stunning luxury hotel on the banks of Lake Bassenthwaite
- Fine spa facilities including pool
- Renowned 2 rosette restaurant with spectacular views
- Charming elegant bedrooms
- Excellent base to explore the surrounding Lake District
- The brasserie dining option is much more casual than the main Lake View Restaurant. Those looking for more of a fine dining experience may prefer packages that include dining in the main restaurant
- Lake Bassenthwaite is quite a few miles beyond the more touristy lakes to the east. When you drive up along the Lake and reach the hotel, we are confident you'll feel it was worth it!
How to find Armathwaite Hall
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8am-10am Sat & Sun
12.30pm-1.45pm daily (prior booking essential)
Please note that the restaurant is non smoking & that smart casual attire is requested whilst dining in the evening. Jeans, T-shirts and trainers are not permitted.
Car parking is available on site free of charge for 80 cars
The whole of the ground floor including the Restaurant, Bar, Leisure facilities and some ground floor bedrooms are available to disabled guests with reserved parking and access from the courtyard at rear of the hotel.
Family accommodation includes spacious rooms with extra beds for children, interconnecting rooms offering space and privacy and deluxe family rooms with integral bunk bedded rooms. Children under 12 years are charged at £25.00 each for bed and breakfast in this room type when sharing with two adults.
The charge for children sharing a non-bunk bedded room is £50 per night Bed and Breakfast.
Dogs are allowed in the hotel but not the public areas. There is a charge of £15.00 per dog per night which includes comfortable bed with cushion pillow, plus doggy bag which contains welcome letter, waste disposal bags and treats. They have recently opened a small shop specifically for pooches with water canisters, balls, treats and anything else that you need to help your dog enjoy their stay
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
Bowness on Windermere
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: